Bringing a new life into the world is a wonderful and challenging experience for both expectant partners. During pregnancy, your body goes through major changes. Pregnancy massage can help with these changes by reducing stress, decreasing arm and leg swelling, and relieving muscle and joint pain and promote general well-being
- massage can help to eliminate waste products through the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which combat fatigue and helps you to feel more energetic;
- by aiding circulation;
- muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension, and knots, can all be alleviated;
- massage can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes mum is experiencing;
- massage relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy, such as backaches, a stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, oedema, and sore, swollen ankles and feet;
- massage increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and foetus. This means greater vitality and less fatigue for mom and better nourishment for her baby;
- massage stimulates glandular secretions, which helps stabilize hormone levels;
- Can help to increase flexibility of muscles will be most helpful during the last trimester and during the birth itself massage helps to soothe and relax nervous tension, which helps you sleep more easily and more deeply;
- A relaxed mother will have a happier, healthier pregnancy and possibly an easier childbirth experience, too.
Maternity Reflexology is designed for women during pre-conception, antenatally, for labour and the post-natal period. During your pregnancy, your body will go through significant changes; these changes will affect the emotional, hormonal and physiological balance of your body. Reflexology can help to alleviate or prevent discomfort arising from this imbalance and restore the body’s equilibrium. So relieve stress and anxiety during pregnancy and your general wellbeing can be improved.
Reflexology is safe and effective during pregnancy. It is, however, not recommended if there is a history of premature labour, severe hypertension, placenta previa or recent vaginal bleeding. If you suspect any problems in your pregnancy it is important to contact your doctor or midwife.
Reflexology can help to alleviate postnatal issues that may arise. After the birth reflexology can be a new mums support to restore the body can ease you into motherhood gently.