“Rest and relax after a treatment”.
In order to get the maximum benefit from your treatment and aid the healing process.
Be aware that you might experience a variety of reactions, following the treatment. Usually you will feel very relaxed, and be able to reap the benefits. Depending on how you feel when you booked your session may determine the intense state of a healing reaction.
You may also experience:
Tiredness – Your body may have undergone quite a shift in during the treatment, either energy wise, spiritually or emotionally. Movement may have occurred around the body, in terms of blood circulating or lymph drainage. After the feeling of tiredness has gone you will hopefully feel more energised and tensions in the body disappear.
Headaches – If you had a headache when you came, it may have shifted in position or become more intense or may have completely gone. This maybe the release of toxins in the body. You may experience the need to hydrate. So sipping water for the rest of the day is a good idea.
Emotions – A heighten sense of emotion, happy, sad or tearful feelings may occur. Allow them to flow is very important. Try and not hold back. Recommendations for visualisations and meditation can be given.
Dizziness – This may occur if you have low blood pressure, or the release of stress from the muscles, encouraging the removal of waste as the body goes into a healing reaction. The toxins are released from the muscles and may experience light headedness as the blood, now containing these toxins from the muscles travels around the body through the head and back to the heart to be expelled as CO2 via the lungs or urine via the kidneys. Resting for a little longer before getting off the couch is advisable.
Or maybe some of these:
- Increased release of mucus in the nose or mouth
- Increased sweating
- Stuffy, blocked or runny nose or cold like symptoms
- Increased thirst/Increased urination
- Temporary worsening of symptoms
- General aches and pains
If you feel that the symptoms have not disappeared from 24 -72 hours do not hesitate to contact me again for advice or feedback.
These reactions are normal and show that toxins are being expelled from the body, so that it is rebalancing and cleansing itself.
- Drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours following treatment – This can assist your body to flush out toxins that massage helps to release from your body. (not gallons just listen to your body).
- Avoid eating a heavy meal for a couple of hours after your treatment as blood will be diverted to digestion rather than carrying oxygen and nutrients to other parts of the body and getting rid of waste. Light snack is fine.
- Avoid heat treatments (bath, sauna etc) for at least 24 hours.
Exercise – Try and relax after the session and avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day if possible.
Drinking – Avoid alcohol and other stimulants such as tea and coffee for the rest of the day after treatment. If you feel concerned about anything following your treatment do not hesitate to call me for advice. If however, you can’t reach me and you feel poorly in any way, or your symptoms worsen, always call your G.P. for advice.
Thank you so much for booking with me.